RecRoom Paintball E-Sports League - Season 3 is Almost Here!
Hello everyone! It’s time for season three of the Rec Room Paintball E-Sports League. Once again, we’ve made some changes to how we are doing things this season. All league communications and the most up to date information will be available through our discord channel.
To view past league players you can visit our website. There is also a link to our discord on the front page - https://recroomleague.com
• We will run two concurrent seasons - Division I and Division II.
• Division I will have 8 teams of 6 players. Each team will have a captain that will also act as a player for that team. The teams will be determined via draft lead by the captains.
• Those not drafted to Division I will be able to play in Division II. The captains in Division II will act as mentors, and will not be players on the team. We are targeting 8 teams, but will adjust depending on how many players sign up.
• Team Captains will be chosen by the League Managers
• Players will be chosen in a draft. You can sign up for the draft in the Paintball League Discord. Players are required to review the rules, and they have been updated for this season. For Division I, captains will bid over players in an auction draft. The Div I Draft will be Sunday, August 19th, 3 PM - 5PM PST. Division II will be a snake draft, captains will take turns drafting players. Div II draft will be Sunday, August 26th, 3 PM - 5PM PST
All league players are required to join the league discord server where match scheduling and league communication will take place. We strongly recommend teams use their team's discord channel on the official league discord server rather than creating their own server.
• The league will consist of a total of eight teams.
• Each team will have six players. Although no match is more than 4v4, it is important to have substitutes for matches that some teammates cannot attend.
• All players must play a minimum of two regular season games and one playoff match. Players that fail to meet these requirements are not eligible for prizes.
• Once drafted, players will receive an in game jersey with their team color.
Competitiveness is expected but comradery is encouraged. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. We want to avoid fights, arguments, cursing, and bad blood.
There is no limit on the amount a player can use a particular weapon or item. This means players are permitted to use the shield/sniper/shotgun as much as they’d like. These are competitive matches and players are encouraged to use every ingame resource to win.
Spawn killing will be tolerated. Against Gravity has implemented multiple features and better spawn points to reduce the risk of getting stuck in a spawn kill trap. Again, these are competitive matches and competitive players are less likely to get spawn killed. We want to see who can be the best with the tools and environment provided.
Flag throwing will be permitted for CTF games. Against Gravity has reduced the max distance a flag can be thrown. This also means that between the time that your hit and respawn, you are allowed to knocked around objects with your hand (like flags and grenades).
Using the lobby/dugout intentionally during a match is not permitted.
If bugs, glitches, or extraordinary instances occur during matches, league officials will be responsible for determining winners, rematches, and/or the correct course of action.
Using applications like “Advanced Settings” to cheat will not be tolerated. Players caught cheating will be disqualified.
Shorthanded teams will not be allowed. Teams must adhere to the team set-up assigned to that match(4v4, 3v3, or 2v2). Teams that don’t meet the minimum amount of players will be forced to either reschedule or forfeit.
Rescheduling: Both teams and an Official must agree to a rescheduled match. All rescheduled matches must be played within two days of the original match. The new time must be agreed upon at least 3 days (72 hours) before the original match time, no exceptions.
Forfeit: If the full team does not agree to a rematch, the shorthanded team will be forced to forfeit the match. If both teams are shorthanded and cannot reschedule within two days, both teams will be forced to forfeit.
The entire schedule is available on the Paintball League Discord
Matches for both division I and division II will be played on weekdays; Monday – Thursday.
Matches will take place between 6PM - 8PM PST.
Teams will receive two points for every win and one point for every tie.
Teams will participate in eight team battle matches and six CTF matches.
At the end of the season, playoff seats will be determined based off points.
Playoffs will be double elimination. These means teams will only be disqualified when they lose two matches during the playoffs.
Matches leading up to the championship will be played on weekdays; Monday - Thursday. The championship matches will be on Sunday, November 18th, 2018.
Weekday matches will take place between 6PM - 8PM PST. Championship matches will take place between 2PM - 5PM PST.
All playoff matches will be 4v4. Four rounds will be team battle and two will be CTF.
All matches will be to 100 hits or 3 flags.
Maps have been predetermined and are listed on schedule.
All playoff matches will be spectated and streamed by league officials.
Best of three matches will be played for the championship match.
PRIZES - 1st place team will get the Golden Sniper Rifle Skin.